Delta 8 gummies have gained significant attention in recent years, being touted as a potential solution for managing pain – but how effective are they, and what makes them different from their more well-known counterpart, Delta 9 THC? These are great questions.
In this blog, we will explore the world of Delta 8 gummies and whether or not they’re effective for pain relief.
What Are Delta 8 Gummies?
Delta 8 gummies are a form of Delta 8 THC, a cannabinoid found in the cannabis plant. Unlike Delta 9 THC, which is more abundant and well-known for its psychoactive elements, Delta 8 is a less potent compound that is often taken for its mellowing effect. This means that it’s less likely to produce the intense “high” commonly associated with marijuana use. Delta 8 is typically derived from hemp, making it federally legal in the United States when its THC content does not exceed 0.3%.
With the basics covered, let’s get into why you searched for this blog in the first place.
If you’re brand new to Delta 8, give our Delta 8 FAQ a peek.
Does Delta 8 Make You Feel High?
Delta 8 can produce mild psychoactive effects, but they are generally less intense than those associated with Delta 9. Users often describe it as a more subtle and clear-headed high, making it more suitable for those seeking pain relief without the intense euphoria or impairment.
Do Delta 8 Gummies Help With Pain? How So?
When experiencing chronic pain, it’s natural to want to find a way to treat it. And with chronic pain affecting approximately 21% of American adults – that’s 51.6 million adults for context – a lot of people have explored THC products as a more holistic alternative to pharmaceuticals.
When it comes to Delta 8 for pain treatment, it’s been shown to interact with the body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS), which plays a crucial role in regulating various bodily functions, including pain perception and stress receptors in the brain. When Delta 8 binds to the cannabinoid receptors in the ECS, it can help modulate pain signals, potentially reducing pain sensations.
However, according to a study published in The American Journal of Psychiatry, while there is some research that shows Delta 8 (cannabis) use’s effect on the body’s ECS has an inverse effect on pain, there is still a lot of research to be done to show how tolerance leads to different results.
With all this in mind, know that Delta 8 use differs from person to person and your pain relief results may differ from someone else’s.
Is Delta 8 an Anti-Inflammatory?
While Delta 8 does have anti-inflammatory properties, they are not as pronounced as some other cannabinoids like CBD. As shared above, Delta 8’s primary role in pain relief is related to its interaction with the ECS rather than its anti-inflammatory effects. However, the reduction of inflammation can indirectly contribute to pain relief for certain conditions.
A Brief History of Using Delta 8 for Pain Relief
The use of Delta 8 for pain relief has a relatively limited history compared to other cannabinoids like CBD and Delta 9 THC. While scientists have been studying Delta 8 since the 1940s, it gained greater popularity in recent years with the legalization of THC sweeping the nation. It’s now commonly taken as an alternative to Delta 9 THC due to its perceived milder psychoactive effects and potential pain-relieving properties.
Given that it’s a newer compound, there isn’t a large body of research exploring the history of Delta 8 for pain. With that in mind, know that we’re going off of more recent years of research and there’s more work to be done in this area.
What Pain Is Delta 8 Shown to Help With?
Truthfully, the answer to this question is subjective and based on the person.
Research on Delta 8’s effectiveness for pain relief is still in its early stages. However, anecdotal evidence and some preliminary studies suggest that it may be helpful in managing various types of pain, including chronic pain, neuropathic pain, and inflammatory pain. Additionally, when thinking about emotional pain associated with mental health, Delta 8 has been shown to have positive effects on stress, anxiety, and depression when taken appropriately.
We’d be remiss not to mention that Delta 8 is often compared with cannabidiol (a.k.a. CBD) to treat chronic pain.
Let’s quickly look at the differences between these two types of cannabinoids.
CBD vs. Delta 8: A Comparative Look at Pain Relief
As the interest in cannabinoids for pain relief grows, it’s essential that we continue to compare two well-known options: CBD and Delta 8. Similarly to Delta 8, CBD interacts with the ECS and has been explored for its potential pain-relieving properties, but they have distinct differences that can influence your choice for pain management.
Characteristics of CBD for Pain Relief
- Non-Psychoactive: One of the most significant advantages of CBD is its non-psychoactive nature. Unlike Delta 8, CBD doesn’t produce a “high” or alter your cognitive state. This makes it a preferred choice for individuals who want pain relief without the intoxicating or mind-altering effects.
- Available Just About Everywhere: CBD is readily available in various forms, including oils, capsules, creams, and gummies. It can be legally purchased and used in many countries, as long as it contains less than 0.3% THC. Truthfully, you can find it just about anywhere – the grocery store, pharmacies, specialty food stores…you name it.
- Favorable (And Well-Known) Safety Profile: CBD has a well-established safety profile and is generally well-tolerated. It’s not associated with addiction or withdrawal symptoms, making it a safer option for long-term use.
- Broad Spectrum of Use Cases: CBD is often used for a wide range of conditions, including chronic pain, anxiety, inflammation, and epilepsy. Its versatility makes it a popular choice among users seeking alternative therapies (and makes it a top contender when thinking about Delta 8 vs. CBD as your therapy of choice).
Characteristics of Delta 8 for Pain Relief
- Psychoactive Effects: Delta 8 does produce mild psychoactive effects, although they are typically less intense than those of Delta 9. This can be a drawback for individuals who want to avoid any psychoactive experience while managing their pain, but for those who don’t mind a mellowing effect, this might not be an issue. User’s choice.
- More Limited Availability: Delta 8 products may be less readily available than CBD, primarily due to the regulatory landscape. However, as the popularity of Delta 8 grows, more products are becoming accessible. Of course, you can always purchase Moonwlkr products as long as you’re 21 or older.
- Potential Efficacy: Some users have reported that Delta 8 provides more effective pain relief than CBD. Its more intense interaction with the ECS and ability to modulate pain signals may make it particularly useful (and preferable) for certain individuals.
- Legal Status: The legal status of Delta 8 varies by location. In some areas, it is legal as long as it is derived from hemp and contains less than 0.3% Delta 9 THC. However, regulations can change, so it’s essential to stay informed about your local laws.
It’s important to note that both CBD and Delta 8 may be used together, as well as in conjunction with traditional pain management approaches. Ultimately, the choice between CBD and Delta 8 for pain relief will depend on your personal preferences, individual needs, and legal considerations in your area.
How Much Delta 8 Should I Take to Treat Pain?
Determining the right Delta 8 dosage for pain management can be challenging, as it depends on factors such as your body weight, tolerance, and the severity of your pain. It’s advisable to start with a low dose and gradually increase it until you find the optimal amount that provides pain relief without undesirable side effects. Consulting with a trusted healthcare professional can help you make an informed decision based on your specific condition and goals.
User Testimonials Discussing “Do Delta 8 Gummies Help with Pain Relief?”
“Love it. Take a gummy every night before bed and it really helps me sleep. I have a very painful disease that had kept me awake. This product has been very helpful.”
“Nice stuff. I have had 4 back surgeries and hate taking any pain medication so this product helped my back relax and allowed for a great nights sleep!”
“Helps with sleeping. Helped me to sleep and with intractable joint and bone pain. I’ve broken so many bones and now I can finally sleep restfully.”
“best pain relief ever took ~45 minutes to and hour to kick in, I couldn’t feel any of the previous pain i had and was able to sleep great for once!”
“Moon WLKR Magicians I have osteoarthritis in both hips, I was always in pain until I tried your product, it has helped me feel so much better, thank you.”
Delta 8 gummies have shown promise as a potential option for managing pain, but more research is needed to fully understand their effectiveness and safety. If you’re considering using Delta 8 for pain relief, always prioritize purchasing high-quality, lab-tested Delta 8 products to ensure your safety and the effectiveness of the treatment. Plus, remember to start with a low dosage and monitor your body’s response when incorporating cannabinoids into your pain management regimen.
To learn more about our products and ensure they’re right for your pain relief needs, explore our website. Thanks for reading!