Delta 8 Gummies have emerged in recent years, capturing the attention of both seasoned cannabis users, and those new to the world of cannabinoids.
They have gained popularity for their convenience and discreteness, as well as their unique balance of psychoactive effects and potential therapeutic benefits.
Here at Moonwlkr, we are admittedly a bit biased – but we LOVE them! And our customers do too.
However, whilst we like to think that the pros of Delta 8 gummies outweigh the cons, it’s important to know what you’re getting into before getting started – especially if this is your first time trying a Delta 8 gummy.
We understand that not everybody will react to Delta 8 gummies in the same way, and we aim to be completely transparent about what users love, and what they don’t love, about using Delta 8 gummies.
P.S. If you want to share your feedback, we would love to hear your thoughts! Reach out to us on Instagram. Our account is run by real humans who truly care about what you think!
What are the Pros of Delta 8?
- Milder Psychoactive Effects: Delta 8 is often described as providing a milder psychoactive experience compared to traditional Delta 9 THC. This can be appealing to individuals who want to experience the benefits of THC without the intensity.
- Therapeutic Benefits: Users have reported therapeutic benefits to taking Delta 8 gummies, including pain relief, anxiety reduction, and nausea alleviation. Although research is limited, there is evidence to suggest that there are medicinal qualities to Delta 8 consumption.
- Legal Status: Delta 8 is federally legal (although it is banned in several states.) However, it is generally more accessible legally than other forms of THC, which makes it a popular choice. Gummies are also discreet and convenient.
- Variety of Flavors: Delta 8 gummies come in a variety of flavors, making them a palatable option for those who dislike the taste of other cannabis products.
- Ease of Consumption: Gummies are easy to dose, and the effects generally take longer to kick in compared to smoking. This can make Delta 8 gummies an enjoyable experience and allow for a more controlled consumption.
For many users, the pros of using Delta 8 significantly outweighs the cons. We asked 13 individuals to try Delta-8 gummies and report their experience. You can check out the full article here.
These users reported a calm, clear mind, lots of giggles, productivity and creativity and a better night’s sleep. Delta 8 gummies also reportedly turned everyday experiences into something fun and extraordinary!
If you want to try some yourself, we have new flavors in stock that can ship right to your door!
Users enjoy Delta 8 gummies for a variety of reasons, including recreational use – to enhance enjoyment at home or with friends, to ‘crossfade’, which is when you combine alcohol and THC products and for additional enjoyment in the bedroom! 😉
It is also used to manage sleep or pain and for additional relaxation and anxiety.
Overall, many users enjoy the many different experiences and benefits that Delta-8 gummies can offer!
However, while many users have a predominantly positive experience with Delta 8 THC, some of the reported cons are discussed below.
Whether you’re a curious consumer, or a healthcare professional seeking insights into this burgeoning trend, understanding the nuanced aspects of Delta 8 gummies is essential for making informed choices in the ever-expanding landscape.
Here we discuss some possible ‘cons’ of this novel approach to cannabis consumption.
What are the Cons of Delta 8?
- Regulatory Uncertainty: Although federal legal, as stated in the ‘pros’, the legal status of Delta-8 THC is complex and varies by jurisdiction. It is essential for consumers to be aware of local regulations to avoid legal issues.
We make it easy on our website, showing you exactly where Delta 8 is legal and where we can ship to.
- Limited Research: Compared to Deta-9 THC or CBD, there is limited scientific research on the effects and possible risks of Delta-8 THC. This lack of research makes it challenging to fully understand the long-term effects of its use. However, there is a lot of suggestion and general acknowledgement that Delta-8 would behave similarly to Delta-9 and we can look to the existing research that has been done on Delta 9 and marijuana to give ourselves some understanding.
- Variable Potency: The potency of Delta-8 gummies can vary between products and brands. This could make it challenging for consumers to consistently dose and control their experience. However, this can be managed by sourcing from somewhere reputable and transparent in their doses, like www.Moonwlkr.com
- Potential Side- Effects: While Delta-8 THC is considered less potent than Delta 9, it can still cause side effects such as: dry mouth, red eyes, and an increased heart rate. Individuals sensitive to THC may experience anxiety or paranoia. Some of these side-effects can be actively managed though which makes them something of a non-entity concern. Dry mouth, or “cotton” mouth as it’s referred to, can be resolved by having a trusty bottle of H2O handy. Hydration is important, but especially to help prevent this unwanted possible side-effect.
- Quality Control: Delta 8 gummies are not federally regulated and are not approved by the FDA. Some Delta 8 products may lack proper quality control measures. It is crucial for consumers to choose reputable brands that test their products for potency and purity, just like we do. You can view our test results here!
Some of the ‘side effects’ of Delta 8 gummies, are ambiguous; meaning that depending on your stance, you may see them as a pro or a con. This may also depend on your desire for what your consumption is for.
Tolerance: No 2 strains of Delta-9 are the same, as many regular users will tell you which is why sites like leafly.com are so successful. However, users may find that their tolerance for Delta 8 vs Delta 9 varies.
Some regular Delta 9 users may need to take more Delta 8 in order to feel its effects fully. Others will find that their tolerance to Delta 8 is highly sensitive, despite a higher tolerance to Delta 9.
If you’re newer to trying Delta 8, even if you’re an experienced user of other THC products, we recommend that you start with a half or quarter dose of gummy, to evaluate its effectiveness for you.
Dosage: A common downfall for any edible, due to the varying effects from person to person. However, they can also vary for you depending on the day. The amount of food you’ve eaten, your life stressors, hydration, environment, and personal tolerance can all contribute to how a Delta 8 gummy will feel for you. The important thing is to read user reviews and look for trends in effects.
Generally, Delta 8 gummy reviewers report a calm, clear headed high that has less paranoia than Delta 9 THC. A great night’s sleep and giggles can also be expected, based on user reviews.
Pay attention to your dosing and your environmental impacts to keep track of how many gummies you should take to get your desired high. For example: a smaller amount with lead to a productive high whereas a larger amount may cause drowsiness.
Here’s a complete dosage guide if you want to find your ideal dosage.
Delayed High: Like any edible, your body will metabolize the Delta-8 gummy at a varied rate. One day you may feel the effects after just 30 minutes. Another day, it may take up to 9 minutes to reach your maximum high. One thing that is common for newer users, is an unintentional increase in dosing.
You may not feel full effects after 45 minutes, so you take a bit more… This can lead to a larger high than you were expecting, as your body metabolizes the THC in your system already, plus the additional that you took because you weren’t feeling the effects. This can lead to feeling, frankly – a bit more high than you bargained for.
We recommend to always wait at least 90 minutes to see how you feel, before increasing your dose. Especially if you are newer to using gummies. Here’s a guide on how to sober up from Delta 8 if you want to learn more.
Appetite Increase: The National Cancer Institute lists appetite stimulation as one of the properties of Delta-8. Appetite stimulation can be a benefit to those who struggle with an appetite.
It may also be considered a ‘con’ for someone who doesn’t want to get the ‘munchies’. It is widely recognized however, that food may taste a lot better after a Delta-8 gummy.
As we conclude our exploration into the realm of Delta-8 THC infused gummies, it becomes evident that these gummies offer a nuances and intriguing entry point into cannabinoid consumption.
The milder psychoactive effects, potential therapeutic benefits, and ease of consumption make Delta-8 gummies an attractive choice for individuals seeking an alternative to traditional THC experiences.
However, the landscape is not without its challenges.
Legal uncertainties, a lack of comprehensive research and potential side-effects underscore the importance of a measured and informed approach.
As the cannabis industry continues to evolve, a commitment to education, responsible use and adherence to local regulations is essential for those venturing into this intriguing corner of the cannabinoid universe.
Ready to take a journey with us? Discover our complete line of Delta 8 gummies and discover all the ‘pros’ waiting for you!