Whether you’re a newbie in Delta 8 land, or a seasoned veteran, chances are you’re asking yourself the question: “How Long Does Delta 8 Stay In Your System?” Well, we’re here to help, friend.
Step into the world of Delta 8 – the hemp-based wonder that’s making waves for its chill vibes and intriguing potential. You may have heard that its cousin, Delta 9 THC is a wilder time, but this one’s got a mild, relaxing, and enjoyable feel. As Delta 8 gains more interest, we’re here to unpack its secrets, such as how it hangs around in your system, what makes it tick, and whether it plays hide-and-seek with drug tests. We’ve got all the juicy details, plus some handy tips to help you breeze through the clearance process.
So, grab your favorite munchies and join us on this Delta 8 adventure! But, let’s level set.
What is Delta 8?
Delta 8 THC, or Delta-8 Tetrahydrocannabinol, is a naturally occurring compound found in trace amounts within cannabis plants, primarily hemp. It shares a similar chemical structure with Delta 9, the primary psychoactive compound found in marijuana. However, Delta 8 produces a less intense high, making it a preferred choice for those seeking a milder experience with the potential benefits of THC – some would even say it’s a “middle of the road” high, but that’s up to you to determine as everyone is different.
What Do People Typically Take Delta 8 For?
Delta 8 is used for a variety of purposes, but the most common ones people say they utilize Delta 8 gummies for are:
- Pain Management: Many individuals turn to Delta 8 to alleviate chronic pain and inflammation, potentially offering a more manageable alternative to traditional pain medications. For a little science background, Delta 8 binds to CB1 receptors in the ECS, potentially modulating pain perception, and it also has anti-inflammatory properties that could help reduce inflammation associated with chronic pain.
- Anxiety and Stress Relief: Delta 8 may help reduce anxiety and promote relaxation without the overwhelming anxiety-inducing effects of Delta 9 THC.
- Nausea and Appetite Stimulation: Some users have reported success in combating nausea and stimulating appetite, which can be especially beneficial for patients undergoing chemotherapy.
- Improved Sleep: Delta 8 has shown promise in aiding sleep quality, potentially making it a valuable tool for those with sleep disorders.
Now that we’ve covered the basic but important details, let’s get into the nitty-gritty of why you’re here.
Is Delta 8 Detectable in Drug Tests?
Yes, Delta 8 can be detected in drug tests, particularly those designed to identify THC metabolites. It’s important to be cautious, especially if you might undergo drug screening in the near future (e.g., one to two months from now), as most standard tests do not differentiate between Delta 8 and Delta 9 THC.
So, despite the lessened high, you may still get dinged by whoever is issuing the test.
Which leads us to…
How Long Does Delta 8 Stay in Your System?
When given a drug test, there are a number of different places Delta 8 can show up in your system. Depending on a number of factors, Delta 8 can stay in your system for 2 days to several weeks.
The Association for Diagnostics and Laboratory Medicine (ADLM) presented research in 2022 that existing cannabis tests are able to detect Delta 8 THC.
We’ll break it down for you. Typically, traces of Delta 8 may show up in your:
- Blood: Delta 8 can be detected in your bloodstream for up to 2 to 3 days after use, depending on factors like dosage and frequency of use.
- Urine: Detection of Delta 8 in urine varies significantly, spanning from 3 to 30 days. This wide range is influenced by usage patterns, metabolism, and individual biological differences (gender, body type, etc.).
- Saliva: Delta 8 may be present in saliva tests for up to 48 hours post-consumption.
- Hair: This one may come as a surprise, and it’s much less common for routine drug testing, but to be safe and comprehensive, we have to note that Delta 8 could be detected in hair follicles for several months.
And, in addition to the estimated timelines above, it also depends on your individual body characteristics and usage habits.
Why Does Delta 8 Stay in Your System for So Long?
Research shows that cannabinoids, including Delta 8 THC are stored in the body’s fat cells. And then those cannabinoids are released slowly over time. These cannabinoids can build up inside the body if you’re a frequent user. Most trustworthy sources agree that Delta 8 THC stays in your system for the same amount of time as marijuana (Delta 9 THC).
If you’re only using delta 8 occasionally or in very small amounts, you could see Delta 8 flushed from your system in 2-5 days. If you’re using Delta 8 daily, you may test positive for up to 15 days. If you have a higher percentage of body fat, you may test positive in as many as 30 days.
Relevant Factors for How Long Delta 8 Stays in Your System
Several factors significantly influence the duration of Delta 8’s presence in your body, including:
- Frequency of Use: Of course, how often you take Delta 8 gummies influences how much, and how long the substance stays in your system. This one is kind of a given, so we’ll leave it at that.
- Your Metabolism: Individual metabolic rates play a significant role in how rapidly your body processes and eliminates Delta 8. While it’s not a tried and true method, you have a safer bet of knowing that the Delta 8 will get culled from your system with a faster metabolism at play.
- Dosage: Another given, but higher doses may take longer to clear from your system just based on potency.
- Body Composition:Delta 8 is fat-soluble, meaning it can accumulate in fatty tissues. Individuals with higher body fat percentages may experience prolonged detection times, as it takes longer for the Delta 8 to move through your system.
Men vs. Women: Does Delta 8 Stay in Your System Longer For One Over the Other?
We’ll keep this section short – sorry to burst anyone’s bubble one way or another, but there is no substantial evidence to suggest that Delta 8 remains in the system longer for either men or women.
The primary factors determining detection times are those mentioned above, such as metabolism, frequency of use, dosage, and body type.
Tips on How to Speed Up Delta 8 Clearance from Your System
If you’re looking to expedite the eviction of Delta 8 from your system, consider these helpful tips. Plus, three quarters of these tips are great for living a healthy balanced life anyway, so…you’re welcome:
- Hydrate, Hydrate, HYDRATE: Staying well-hydrated can help flush THC metabolites from your system more efficiently. Plus, the more you pee…we’ll leave it at that. We recommend getting a big jug of water and trying to drink as much as you safely can each day – pro tip: you could get one of those giant water bottles shown on TikTok for a hydration boost.
- Maintain Your Exercise Routine: Engaging in regular physical activity can boost metabolism, potentially aiding in the clearance of Delta 8. So, hit the gym or simply go on a jog each day to keep your metabolism firing.
- Eat a Balanced and Healthy Diet: Maintaining a balanced diet can support overall bodily function, improve metabolism, and speed up elimination of substances like Delta 8 from your body.
- Give It Time: Ultimately, the most reliable way to clear Delta 8 from your system is to allow time to pass. Abstaining from use is the surest way to ensure its complete elimination.
How Long Does Delta 8 Stay In Your System?
The duration Delta 8 stays in your system is influenced by a myriad of factors, making it difficult to pinpoint an exact timeline. For occasional users, detection windows range from a few days to few weeks in urine and up to 48 hours in saliva tests.
Regular users, on the other hand, may have detectable levels for several weeks in urine and potentially longer in hair follicle tests. Be curious and cautious out there, friends!
Remember that individual variability plays a significant role, so it’s crucial to be cautious if you might be facing a drug test in the not-so-distant future. Drug test or not, it’s always important to consider the potential implications when using Delta 8 products. Ultimately, responsible usage and awareness of the potential consequences are key when exploring the benefits of Delta 8.
Here’s to a happy (and safe) Delta 8 trip!
Curious to learn about our Delta 8 products? Check them out.