We get it. You’ve spent a lot of time and research picking out the best Delta 8 vape on the market. And about halfway through enjoying your cart, it clogs.
It’s frustrating. But it’s a common problem with Delta-8 THC carts, and other vape carts, including CBD and Delta-9.
Why does my Delta-8 cart clog?
Delta-8 THC is very dense and very sticky. When you heat up your cart, the dense liquid becomes thinner as it warms. Applying heat from your cartridge system allows it to move through the mechanisms and become the magical elixir that you smoke. (Okay, it’s not truly magical. But the reported effects do feel really great, according to a lot of our users.)
The reason your Delta 8 vape cart is clogging can happen for a few reasons:
- Extreme temperatures. This one is common. If you store your cart in the fridge (not recommended) or leave it in your car on a very hot day, clogs can happen as the liquid adjusts to the temperature changes. Becoming thicker as it cools and thinner as it warms. If warmer liquid makes it way through the cart mechanisms and then cools, it can cause the clog.
- Normal function. This temperature fluctuation can also happen with everyday use. Especially if you store your cart horizontally, or toss it carelessly back into your purse or drawer.
How can I prevent my Delta 8 cart from clogging?
Here are a few tips to help prevent your cartridge from becoming clogged:
- Keep it vertical. If you can, we highly recommend you store it vertically (standing straight up) to help prevent clogs. Also, it helps to store your Delta 8 THC vape cart at room temperature and away from direct sunlight. For more tips on how to store your D8 products for the best results, check out this article.
- Draw extra air. Continue drawing air through the cartridge for a few seconds after you’ve stopped firing it. This will clear out any excess vapor. This technique works very well as a preventative measure. Drawing excess air through the cart helps to prevent D8 from condensing and building up along the inner walls.
- Take softer hits. Taking softer hits will also help to prevent your D8 vape cart from becoming clogged. Pulling too hard tends to draw excess oil into the airway which can cause flooding and clogging. Besides, a softer hit may make your cart last longer, and that’s a win for everyone.
How to unclog a Delta 8 THC vape cart.
Here are some expert tips from the Moonwlkr Delta-8 team for unclogging your D8 vape:
- Try taking hits with no fire. If your Delta-8 cart is clogged, try softly pulling air without firing up your cart. You may hear or feel the clog move through the airway enough to clear it. You can also pull slightly, and then suction it to your upper lip. It will automatically release once the clog is cleared.
- Warm your cart. The ideal solution here is to use a vape battery with a preheat function. Preheating your cart can potentially warm the oil enough to dissolve the clog. No preheat function available? Try aiming a hair dryer at your cart for a few seconds while positioning it vertically to allow the oil to flow out of the airway.
- Clean out your cart. Take a long thin object, like a paperclip or toothpick and gently stick it into the mouthpiece. Carefully move the object around to scrape the inner sides of the mouthpiece. This helps to remove excess oil. Use this technique carefully if you need immediate relief from your clog.
We hope these tips help you understand, prevent, and clear clogs from your Delta 8 vapes.
We’re proud to be an industry leader in top-quality, third-party-tested vape carts with some of the best new flavors on the market. Check out our selection of highly-rated vape carts here.